First, we had to come up with a research question, and then individually create a storyboard with which we clearly visualized the context of the problem definition. Thereafter, we put our storyboards together to clearly frame the problem. Then, the prototyping started. We started with several prototypes that didn't take much time to make, and through iterations we ended up with a high-fidelity prototype in the form of a video.
For the group assignments, I was the unspoken team leader; taking the lead in filming, editing and the digital prototype. The individual assignments were executed individually.
After coming up with a research question, we had to individually create a storyboard to visualize the context. Our research question was: "How can design stimulate societal change in sustainable behavior?". In order to visualize the problem, I decided to personify the earth as a character, suffering from human damage.
Thereafter, we had to merge these individual storyboards into one. We decided to make a video, in order for all members to contribute. I wrote the script and did the filming and editing.
In the next weeks, we made several prototypes, ranging from low-fidelity to high-fidelity. Through iteration and combining low-fidelity prototypes, we ended up with an interactive digital prototype combined with paper prototypes. In order to show its functionality and context, we implemented them in a video. I made most of the digital prototype, and again the script, filming and editing.
A big takeaway for me is to show, not tell. I challenged myself to work with different materials when prototyping, in early iterations I did wireframing and paper prototyping. Overall, I enjoyed gaining practical knowledge and developing hard skills.